The Teranga philosophy
You don't have to travel to the ends of the earth to get closer to nature, discover new landscapes and other ways of life. Step out of your comfort zone, gently. In Senegal, "Teranga" means true hospitality, welcoming with authenticity. And each one of our hosts has very personal things to share with you!
Live your best life, that of the farm and its animals, of a countryside that respects the rhythm of the seasons.
An immersive and positive experience, for you, for them
- You're doing the planet a favour by not travelling to the end of the world
- You renew the link between rural and urban people
- You favour short circuits, local shops and local producers
- You value the craft know-how
- You increase the income of farmers and their families
- You support those who preserve the landscapes of our regions
Lean back & relax!
Falling asleep near the stars, waking up in the middle of the fields. Daydreaming on the terrace while watching your tribe enjoy simple pleasures. The absence of wifi and electricity is quickly forgotten, so that you can concentrate on the essential. Reconnecting with those you love. Explore our countryside. Building a fire. Of joy.
You are a farmer and you want to join the Teranga adventure?
Foire aux questions
- Teranga Lodges can accommodate up to 7 people. Specifically, the lodge has a Master Bedroom with a double 180x200, a family room with 4 beds, and a sofa bed for 1 person in the living room.
- To ensure a unique experience, there is no electricity in the lodges. However, you will find electricity and wifi at the farm if you wish to charge your electronic devices.
- We have thought of everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible! You will find sufficient duvets and pillows, bed linen and towels for everyone.
- Yes, all beds are made up on arrival! It is the holidays after all :-) !
- Each lodge has running water and a gas stove, a clay pot that replaces the fridge and an ecological maintenance kit. To keep you warm, we have provided a wood stove and plenty of wood. There is a large table inside and another one on the covered terrace. There is also a barbecue and 2 deck chairs.
- Each of the Teranga farms has a grocery store or a cellar so that you can taste the vegetables of their market gardener, the juice of their apples, the oil of their nuts, the honey of their bees or even their meat! But also bread, cold cuts, cheeses, sweet and savoury treats, wines and beers....
- 1 sponge, 1 block of Marseille soap, 1 tea towel, toilet paper and candles.
- Yes, running and drinkable, via the kitchen sink.
- Of course! Each lodge is equipped with a private indoor shower.
- During school holidays, reservations are made for a minimum of 7 days, with arrival on Saturday. Otherwise, a minimum of 2 days is required.
- On the day of arrival, your lodge will be ready to welcome you from 3pm. If you expect to arrive after 8pm, please let us know. You will find all the information on the contact page.
- On the day of departure, you will be asked to vacate your lodge by 10:30 am.
- The final cleaning is done by us. However, please complete the following tasks before you leave: Throw your garbage in the container provided for this purpose, Drop off bedding and towels at the farm, Clean and put away the dishes.